Insurance Work

Natural disasters and accidents happen.  And when that happens to your home, you are likely to feel overwhelmed by the loss as well as by what lies ahead to repair your home.  So rest assured that our experienced and established team at Ratti Builders can perform the quality work necessary to get your home back to the way it was prior to the insurance work.

What Should I Do?

The first thing you should do if your house is damaged by a storm is to document the damage as soon as possible.  This is especially important if your homeowner’s insurance only covers certain types of damage.  You should already have pictures on file of what your house normally looks like.

  • Take pictures of the damage.
  • Be sure to document potential problems like mold, crumbling drywall and exposed power lines.

Insurance Work Claims

When you contact your insurance company, you will be assigned a claim representative.  You will work with your representative to get the repairs completed by a builder.  This process can take several months, but usually your insurance policy will cover the damages after you’ve paid your deductible.  Most homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover flood damage so you should have flood insurance so that you don’t get stuck paying for the damages yourself.  Some of the things that a builder can repair or replace for you are:

  • Damaged windows
  • Damaged roof
  • Replace siding
  • Repair your flooded basement
  • Structural damage